Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God's Own Craters - here to stay!

Note: After a series of discussions with bloggers and members of the community, we have decided to edit and remove certain excerpts on this blog which refers to any particular cities, communities or individuals and which probably hurts sentiments of people who are working for the progress of their cities or communities. Unfortunately, the truth remains and let us all try to change that! Also, one must realise that Engish is a funny language that includes sarcasm and humor and you should learn to accept English the way it is!




My morning walks have resumed. I decided to take the healthy route to hell (whenever that comes). Unlike my earlier running outfit of just a t-shirt, shorts and running shoes, I have taken to track pants and all-terrain shoes. With superior road conditions in place, the only road without potholes is nearly a mile away. But to get there, I would have to take a road which resembles Craters, Valleys, Cliffs, Rocky Mountains and some very huge ponds.

All that terrain means you get yourself a good pair of all-terrain running shoes. I looked around the city for all-terrain shoes and not having found suitable brands or models, thought it might be wiser to actually run to the nearest shopping mall which unfortunately is 200 kilometers away. Again to get to that "mall", I would have to take a day off work, take a long weekend, do some shopping, spend time with family and cousins up there, eat and drink! All that would cost me the equivalent of 3 pairs of shoes, at least. Not a good idea!


Ultimately, this wannabe jogger, had to go the e-way to fetch a pair of shoes. I logged on to amazon and had a pair of shoes shipped across the seas.


Yes, my running comes at a cost. The craters can cost you your life and of course the shoes just keep getting harder and costlier.

0 comments: